[Histonet] Shipping Slides

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Thu Aug 1 11:59:33 CDT 2013

We put our send-out slides in the "5 slide plastic holders" then place them in "Jiffylite Sealed Air" cushioned mailers (there are different sizes available).  If we are sending out a large quantity of slides we will use FedEx's "Padded Pak", but it will cost more than a FedEx envelope.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax

>>> Debbie Granato <debgranato <@t> yahoo.com> 7/31/2013 11:04 AM >>>
Good Morning!

Can anyone tell me the best way that you have found to ship slides by Fed Ex?
I need to send several cases out and want the safest way possible to eliminate broken slides.
We have tried plastic slide boxes with gauze for cushioning and then taped shut and a few other ways. Are there special transport slide containers, other than the 5 slide holders.

Thank you,
Debbie Granato HT(ASCP)