[Histonet] RE: CRYOSTAT PROBLEM

Tim Coulter Tim.Coulter <@t> belairinc.com
Fri Nov 30 12:45:30 CST 2012

Hello Lakshmi,

We can help with your cryostat problem. Our company, Belair Instrument Co, has been repairing histology equipment for over 30 years and we have a service office in College Park, MD -  not far away from you. We'd be glad to assist, just give us a call at 973 912 8900 and ask for the service desk.

Best Regards,

Tim Coulter
Operations Manager | Belair Corporate Group
tim.coulter <@t> belairinc.com | p 973.912.8900 ext. 174 | f 973.232.0077
Avantik Biogroup | Belair Instrument Co. | Sierra Biosystems
36 Commerce Street | P.O. Box 619 | Springfield, NJ 07081-0619
Legal Disclaimer: This email is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete this document.

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:36:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Lakshmi Kammili <l.kammili <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] CRYOSTAT  PROBLEM
To: histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Hi all,
We have a old cryostat (Microm h505 model). It was making some sudden vibrating?noises for a little while and then?smooths?it self. There??are no temperature alterations every thing was fine but?suddenly it stopped working, no display more looks like dead :(?
I tried calling the service company which serviced before but I guess the company is no more in service (as it was a very old machine). I am very new to this?maintenance?issues , I would be glad if any one of you can help me in suggesting a company or person whom I can talk about the issue or some one who can come and look at the ?instrument and suggest the best advice?. I assume probably some electric motor is dead inside.?
Any advice will be really helpful.
Thank you,
Lakshmi,
Sr. research assistant,