[Histonet] Unregistered techs

pruegg <@t> ihctech.net pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Mon May 28 12:58:33 CDT 2012

   Well said Will.

   -------- Original Message --------
   Subject: Re: [Histonet] Unregistered techs
   From: William Chappell <<   href="mailto:chapcl <@t> yahoo.com">chapcl <@t> yahoo.com>
   Date: Thu, M   To: Davide Costanzo <[1]pathlocums <@t> gmail.com>
   Cc: histonet <[2]histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
   I  have  respected  Jay's  input  in  the  past, but I too must say s   omething.
   Without realizing it, and by stating his opinion in a horr   way,  Jay  has touched upon an important truism. There are two typ   of  histologists, those that have a job that pays the bills, and those
   wh   other,  bo   Histonetters  --  esp   group. I know I am.
   Hist   cut,  stain  and   committed  to  expanding   provide  the  pathologist  with a p   people  as  no better than trained monkeys.   with a small (very small) grain of truth. One da   will  be  replaced  by  a  mechanical/robotic  process. The    progress is unstoppable.
   The  career  histologist  has  a  much     analyze  and  troubleshoot  problems.  We  understa   learn  the organic chemistry of stains. We know EXACTLY ho   Monoclonal  antibody  is  made.  We  know more about the practice of    histology  than  ANY pathologist. We invent and develop antibodies and
   specia   that will replac   Jay,  that  is  why  so  many  are offend   because  it  is  a good paycheck. We are histologi   professionals  who  choose  this  career.  You may be going t   cutting  slides  (which is great and necessary), but we are enjoying    our life.
   Will Chappell, HTL (ASCP), QIHC, MBA
   and histologist by   On May 24, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Davide Costan   >  I'm  sorry - I cannot let this rest. The comment: "we    much
   > needed as pathologists, blah, blah,
   >  blah..   without
   >   >
   >  Everyone,  regardless  of their lot in li   part of the
   >  whole.  Let  me  ask  you a questi   humans that
   > are not MD's - let's sa   you go
   >  in  to have your    in your
   >  survival  -   that the
   >  jan   clean up
   &   doctor so   > your fungal problem, but the janitor prevented you from gettin   >  potentially  life-threatening  infection.  Think before you speak    like that -

   <[3]jaylundgren <@t> gmail.com> wrote:
   &   >> Scott Lyons [4]slnj07 <@t> yah   >>
   >>  Give  me  a  break,  HTs and HTLs do not ma   patients. I
   >>  am  a  registered  HT  and  a Flor   experience,
   >>  I've  done  it  all  in    licensure of
   >>  techs  is     can train a
   >&g   saying it's   >> art form, we are just as much needed as pathologists, blah,   >>  blah.......  I  work where they are hiring people from a m   degree
   >>  program  for  histology  with  certification, THEY KN   Experience it
   >> where it's at, whether certified or n   >>
   >>

   >   >>

   &   >>