Subject: [Histonet] Paraffin Block Shipping Question

White, Lisa M. Lisa.White3 <@t> va.gov
Thu Mar 22 13:15:36 CDT 2012

EXAKT Technologies:  Cold D-Pak for transport stock# MD8702V06; Frozen
d-Pak for transport stock # MD8703V06

With current regulations on labeling and shipping of diagnostic material
if you need to ship on ice or dry ice the above company has pre-labeled
containers with all the federal requirements, etc as well as all the
required packaging for the specimen and documents.  We have to take
training every year and it was explained to us that if something leaks
all the powers that be out there go after the person who has their name
on the shipping label (also whoever packs it has to be the one to do the
label with their name).  Blocks with a cold pack is a good idea during
warm days.  After such a mild winter I bet summer will be interesting.

Also recently I was trying to find something to put a block in to mail
and I had been putting them in a side loaded 5 slide container but could
only get one in each one (but they cost $$$).  I had been coverslipping
and looked down at the empty coverslip container, VIOLA!  Take the
packaging out and you can get 2-3 blocks in there and they won't get
squashed in the shipment and the container is free.

Lisa White, HT(ASCP)

Supervisory HT

James H. Quillen VAMC

PO Box 4000