[Histonet] Paperless Histology

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 11:05:42 CDT 2012

StellaI have worked at a couple labs that were basically paperless. The papers that they did have were more or less just hard copies for records since some people were not entirely trusting of an entirely electronic system. This was a while ago, and the choices from an IT perspective are surely much better now. Overall, I think it worked pretty well and did save alot of time ( and trees!), and did not have any more "glitches" than any paper based process I have worked in once it got up and running. I am sure any/all vendors of workflow management and LIS applications  could provide you with details and options.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC