[Histonet] RE: Defrost -80

Jonathan Cremer Jonathan.Cremer <@t> med.kuleuven.be
Mon Jul 30 09:17:23 CDT 2012

Can't you obtain a replacement unit from your manufacturer for a week?

Otherwise, depending on the size and amount of the material to be stored, you could use dry ice in insulating boxes. That's not very user friendly though, and I wouldn't do it overnight unless someone stays to watch the amount of ice left.
---
Jonathan Cremer
Laboratory Technician
TARGID - KU Leuven

Van: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] namens Lee Loss [LLoss <@t> dermwisconsin.com]
Verzonden: maandag 30 juli 2012 16:06
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Onderwerp: [Histonet] Defrost -80

We need to defrost our -80 freezer in a derm lab.  We do DIF procedures requiring the controls to be stored in the -80.  We don't have immediate access to another -80 freezer.  We do have a chest freezer that will maintain -20.  Can we hold those DIF controls at -20 while the -80 is down?  How long can those controls be stored that way without losing their IF?

Lee Loss

The materials and information in this e-mail are confidential and may contain Protected Health Information covered under the HIPAA Privacy Rule. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly forbidden by law. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me by reply e-mail and then delete this message. Do not pass any of this information to anyone else. Thank you for your cooperation.