[Histonet] RE: Image analysis for fat tissue

Jerry Ricks rosenfeldtek <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:17:22 CDT 2012

Hi,

That is a pretty common kind of measurement.

You will need a digital camera attached to your microscope, and a stage micrometer.  You can then use the free software "Image-J" to get area measurements.  If you have some extra money "Image-Pro" software from Media Cybernetics is the deluxe way to go.

Jerry Ricks
Research Scientist
University of Washington
Department of Pathology