[Histonet] Pms 2 antibody trouble

Freeman, Carol Carol.Freeman <@t> utoledo.edu
Thu Jan 12 10:42:45 CST 2012

I am curious if anyone is having trouble validating PMS2 antibody for
the MSI panel.  We have worked this antbody up extensively and we are
finding that it is on either side of the spectrum just too light (it is
either light staining if any at all).   We have stained a few cases
beautifully but nothing is consistent.  We are looking to try another
vendor's antibodies, but were hoping for some feedback as to which labs
have found success in this area.  I have never had trouble like this
with an antibody.  The severe problem here is that with MSI testing, we
are looking for lack of staining with this antibody to show a positive
result so light patchy staining leaves a lot of room for error.  Any

Thank you,
Carol E. Freeman HTL (ASCP) B.S.
Department of Pathology
University of Toledo Medical Center