[Histonet] Veterinary ISH

Keri Colwell Keri.Colwell <@t> inspection.gc.ca
Tue Dec 4 16:47:35 CST 2012

Hi Histonetters,

I work in an animal research facility and we are trying to establish a working protocol for CISH on bovine tissues.

So far we have tried a Dako PNA ISH kit, and had no luck on bovine tonsil tissue (have only tried once so far).  We have also been trying to optimize the kit in our lab on human tonsil.  We are suing the negative and positive contorl probes provided with the kit, and we are also using Dako kappa/lambda probes.  The negative, kappa and lambda look good in the human tissue, but the positive control isn't working out so nicely.

Does anyone have any recommendations on kits/probes/protocols to use on animal tissue?  We aren't looking for any specific target right now, we just want to get the ISH working.  Then we will focus on areas of interest.  we have access to any tissue type, but ultimately would want to look at bovine brain.

Thanks in advance!

Keri