[Histonet] RE: Leica Bond Stainer

Bea DeBrosse-Serra BDeBrosse-Serra <@t> isisph.com
Wed Aug 22 10:01:30 CDT 2012

BondMax and Bond III are great. Very intuitive, open and fast. And you can deparaffinize and retrieve online, which is a big plus in my mind. But then again, you don't have to, but you can.

Beatrice DeBrosse-Serra HT(ASCP)QIHC
Isis Pharmaceuticals
Antisense Drug Discovery
2855 Gazelle Ct.
Carlsbad, CA 92010
760-603-2371

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Crowell, Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:13 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Leica Bond Stainer

Hello all,

Our laboratory is considering a purchase, and Leica will be giving a presentation on the unit in September.  I was hoping to get some responses of pros/cons/quirks from users to help in our assessment.  We are currently using Ventana XT to look at PD biomarkers in cell lines, xenografts and some clinical samples.  I would be interested in a comparison of performance and reliability between these platforms.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Tom

Thomas Crowell
Supplemental Contractor
Molecular Pathology

Millennium: The Takeda Oncology Company
35 Landsdowne Street | Cambridge, MA | 02139
Phone: 617.444.2303 Fax: 617.551.3744
thomas.crowell <@t> mpi.com