[Histonet] Loss of Matrigel material during staining

Amy Porter portera <@t> msu.edu
Thu Apr 5 14:40:25 CDT 2012

To all:  I have a client that we are attempting to stain H & E / as well as
immuno on FFPE mouse skin with matrigel plugs.  These things section like a
dream and then when we attempt to stain only the matrigel part of the sample
is falling off.  Does anyone have any tricks with this stuff they would be
willing to share?  We are using charged slides and cutting at 5-6 microns
per the client.  Thanks -

Amy S. Porter, HT(ASCP) QIHC

Michigan State University

Investigative HistoPathology Laboratory

William S. Spielman, Ph.D. - Director

Patricia K. Senagore, M.D. - Consulting Pathologist

Department of Physiology / Human Pathology

Biomedical Physical Sciences Building

567 Wilson Road - Room 2133

East Lansing, MI  48824-3320

Phone:  517-884-5026