[Histonet] Paraffine-embedded tissue

Carmen Maria Garcia Pascual Carmen.M.Garcia <@t> uv.es
Tue Sep 27 10:14:51 CDT 2011

Hello everyone:

I am Hortensia from the University of Valencia, from Spain. I am new in
this world. And I have some issues. I will apreciatte if someone with
experience can help me.
I am working with endometrial tissue samples, from biopses and
endometrial aspirates. I want to detect the nervous fibres with 9.5PGP
antibody (from DAKO). I am using as positive control large intestine,
and I am getting a very clear staining. But when I perform the
immunohistochemistry in the endometrial samples I don't obtain any
staining. so, I think that the problem may  be in the previous steps,
like the pick of the sample, the fixation  and/or the paraffine
incluison protocol. I fix the samples 12-24hs in formaline 10%, the
paraffine inclusion protocol is the next: etoh 70%, 96% and 100% (2
changes 1 hr each); xilene 2 changes x 30 min and 1,5hr twice in
paraffine, then I cut the sample.
I want to know if this protocol is correct and if the samples are very
small, should I decreased the incubations times at the half?
In summarize, which is your paraffine inclusion protocol? and this
protocol is independent of the sample size?

Thank you very much!!!!!
Best regards,
Horten