AW: [Histonet] "formol"

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sat Oct 8 04:01:52 CDT 2011

Since each nation has its own characteristics, it’s likely that Spanish
speaking countries and others use „formol“. In Austria I hardly hear
“formol” for formalin or formaldehyd, refering to the chemical. But there
are distributors, that sell formaldehyd under the brandname Formol.

“Formalin” itself isn’t a really chemical correct name, but a proper name
introduced somewhere, isn’t it?

I think there is a North-South, East-West gradient in relation to the use of
romanic languages in Europe. Perhaps someone can make a master thesis about
this.

;-)

As long as we speak about the same stuff, it doesn’t matter

Best regards

Gudrun

  _____