[Histonet] Paraplast X-tra

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer <@t> mdanderson.org
Fri Nov 18 13:35:21 CST 2011

Hey Connie,

Remember that we experienced a drastic heat wave all over the country and in some parts there were rolling blackouts.
The product may have been stored in a warehouse that experienced a rolling blackout and the increased temperature messed up the paraffin which then re-hardened and was sold.The bag looked fine, so nobody thought anything was wrong.
Stranger things have happened.
The overheating would cause the oily and muddy.

I say this because a few years back we had a problem with coverslips that were stuck together.  Even though they were new and still sealed, when opened they were stuck.  It turned out there was excess moisture in the warehouse and the silica gel didn't work.  We returned them and got replacements.

Toysha N. Mayer, MBA, HT (ASCP)
Instructor
Program in Histotechnology
School of Health Professions
MD Anderson Cancer Center
(713) 563-3481
tnmayer <@t> mdanderson.org

Message: 15
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:46:16 -0800
From: connie grubaugh <conniegrubaugh <@t> hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Paraplast X-tra
To: <one_angel_secret <@t> yahoo.com>, <cls71877 <@t> sbcglobal.net>,

We are having problems again too.  Have not changed a thing and convinced
that it is a bad lot again.  Wonder sometimes on the QC that is done on the
paraffin.

Connie G.

> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 13:47:28 -0800
> From: one_angel_secret <@t> yahoo.com
> To: cls71877 <@t> sbcglobal.net; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
> Subject: Re: [Histonet] Paraplast X-tra
> CC:
>
> Maybe you got a bad lot that is contaminated causing the knife marks?
Also, Ive noticed that if you let your paraffin get to hot, it breaks down
and that could be one reason for a consistency issue. Have you changed
anything at all recently to your process? Hope this was helpful.

> Kim
>

> ________________________________

Are
> there any other users of paraplast X-tra experiencing these issues?
>
> Thanks,
> Cristi

Message: 16
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:08:33 -0800
From: " cls71877 <@t> sbcglobal.net " <cls71877 <@t> sbcglobal.net>
To: " connie grubaugh " <conniegrubaugh <@t> hotmail.com>,
	one_angel_secret <@t> yahoo.com, histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

I had to believe someone else out there was seeing this too!!  Our rep
contacted us today and is going to replace it and investigate...I too wonder
how this gets past the QC dept., it is super obvious as soon as it starts
melting....