[Histonet] paraffin temperature

Emily Sours talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 02:42:57 CST 2011

Our paraffin melts at 60C with pressure from a vacuum.  I don't know if
there's actually enough pressure to affect the melting point of the
paraffin, but we always check the thermometer hanging inside the oven to
make sure it stays at 60C.
If you have a certain brand you're not sure of, I would check with the
company.  I just looked on Fisher Scientific's site and they listed what
the melting point was for their paraffin.

Emily

A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly
exhausted. You should live several lives while reading it.
-William Styron