[Histonet] Yvette, here is your answer

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren <@t> gmail.com
Tue May 10 18:06:27 CDT 2011

Yvette,

     I too graduated from AFIP.  I waited several years between getting my
training and sitting for the HTL exam, earning my B.S. in the interim.
During this time I worked in the clinical and research lab, and even started
my travel career (without being registered).  Every one of these positions
was advertised as requiring a registry.
     "How can this be?", you ask?  Whenever the employer would ask me if I
was registered, I would reply, "No, but I was trained at AFIP."  In
*every*case, the registry requirement was waived.
     You have been the beneficiary of some of the finest technical training
available anywhere.  It would be a crime not to use it.

                                                     Thank you for your
service,

                                                                   Jay A.
Lundgren, M.S., HTL (ASCP)