[Histonet] Cryostat Feedback Needed (UNCLASSIFIED)

Gladney, Diane C Ms CIV USA MEDCOM MACH diane.gladney <@t> us.army.mil
Wed Mar 30 07:50:23 CDT 2011

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Dear Histonetters,

Our 11 year old cryostat is beginning to experience some unusual problems. Our Medical Maintenance says that they won't put a lot of money into fixing it because of the age of the unit. Therefore, I am asking for opinions, pros, cons of different brands of cryostats. I am interested in a cryostat that has the UV light or other source of easy decontamination. We don't do a lot of frozen sections but enough for us to have to have a good cryostat that is easy to operate and clean.  Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Diane Gladney

Diane C. Gladney, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor