[Histonet] Alcohol & Xylene recyclers

Fleming, Jackie M Jackie.Fleming <@t> allina.com
Tue Mar 8 09:25:06 CST 2011

The CWS recyclers didn't work for us because of volume and too many bloody specimens.We have to use the
B/R recyclers.

Jackie Fleming  HT ASCP
Technical Consultant - Histology
Phone: 612-863- 4773
Pager: 612-654-2135
 e-mail: jackie.fleming <@t> allina.com

From: Feher, Stephen
Sent: Tue 3/8/2011 9:21 AM
To: Akemi Allison; histonet
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Alcohol & Xylene recyclers

We use Creative Waste Solutions recyclers.  We have alcohol and formalin recyclers and utilize xylene absorption pads to get he water out of the xylene and reuse it.  We choose these recyclers because they are a gravity feed system that does not require a power source, they are quiet so we can locate them adjacent the materials we want to recycle, thus adding to the LEAN aspect of these units.  We found that these were very cost effective as well when considered alongside the other recyclers that are available.

Steve