[Histonet] bone marrow aspirations

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Wed Mar 2 10:47:09 CST 2011

We always air dried them and fixed them in methanol, otherwise they washed
off.

Debra Siena <DSiena <@t> statlab.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
03/02/2011 07:49 AM

"histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
cc

Subject
[Histonet] bone marrow aspirations

Hi All,

I would appreciate some insight as to how most labs are treating bone
marrow smears, in regards to fixation.  I am not embarrassed to say that
it has been awhile since I worked with them.  With the smears are most
labs air drying, methanol (alcohol fixation) or spray fixation (pap
fixative) or something else?  I do thank you for your help.

Debbie Siena HT(ASCP)QIHC
Technical Manager | StatLab Medical Products
407 Interchange St. | McKinney, TX 75071
Direct: 972-436-1010  x229 | Fax: 972-436-1369
dsiena <@t> statlab.com<mailto:maubrey <@t> statlab.com> | www.statlab.com<
http://www.statlab.com/>