[Histonet] Polyvinyl alcohol

mtitford <@t> aol.com mtitford <@t> aol.com
Tue Jun 7 14:16:00 CDT 2011

Candice Camille asks about polyvinyl alcohol.

Some time ago when I was in the Army Reserve I completed a correspondence course for parasitology and it discussed PVA. I still have the manual. It states: "PVA is a mixture of fixative and water soluble resin that is specifically used to fix and preserve trophozoites of intestinal amoebic organisms. " Further on it states, " PVA is primarily used for preserving fresh specimens to be shipped to central laboratories". A formula is given. I can Fax it to you if you give me a Fax number.

Regards
Michael Titford
USA - Pathology
Mobile  AL USA