[Histonet] Leica Service Technician

Amanda Madden amkmadden <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 10:32:07 CDT 2011

Hi Histonetters!

A few months back I emailed regarding a service contract through Leica for
our CM 3050S, and (unfortunately?) we chose not to purchase one. This week
we have had a serious issue with it... the specimen head and arm is covered
in frost, and the object temperature sensor is reading ## instead of a temp.
In any case, we called Leica and asked for a service call, but it is
extremely expensive and they couldn't give us an estimate of when they will
be here because cryostats used for clinical applications have priority over
those, like ours, that are used for research. Understandable, but
frustrating nonetheless. So my question is: does anyone know of a good,
reputable cryostat service technician (who is authorized by leica, if
possible) that is located in the Boston, MA area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Amanda