[Histonet] RE: Hematology stainers

Nails, Felton flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org
Mon Jan 31 15:27:44 CST 2011

I thought I was the only histology lab that got stuck staining bone marrow smears.
I started with staining smears manually, then went to the hematek and finally discovered the Wescor stainer. The wescor stainer has really brought consistency to this area. The only potential problem is you have to keep up the maintenance, which is not extensive. I highly recommend the wescor and it is very nicely priced.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Joanne Clark
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 12:44 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Hematology stainers

Hi Histonetters, do any of you out there stain the peripheral, aspirate and touch prep slides of bone marrows in the histo lab?  If you do, do any of you use an automated stainer and if so, what kind of stainers are being used?  I have quotes for a Wescor Aeorspray Stat Slide stainer, a QuickSlide Plus Automated stainer and a Hematek 2000.  If anyone has had experience good or bad for any of these stainers I would love to get your feedback.

Thanks,

Joanne Clark, HT

Histology Supervisor

Pathology Consultants of New Mexico

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
 The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
 privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
 authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
 are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
 copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
 the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you
 have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
 notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
 from your computer system.  Thank you.