[Histonet] Oil Red O for FS on Muscle

Grantham, Andrea L - (algranth) algranth <@t> email.arizona.edu
Wed Jan 26 12:06:19 CST 2011

I've done many of these stains and I get my ORO stain from Poly Scientific. Actually I use the whole kit and I use Freida's protocol in the second edition. That includes fixing in 37% formaldehyde. I filter the ORO just before use and usually get nice clean slides. If there is a residue it isn't much and wipes off easily. I even re-use the ORO stain once in a while and it still comes out great. My slides are often used for quantifying the amount of lipids so I don't counterstain most of the time.

Andi Grantham