[Histonet] Immunohistochemistry in plastic sections

Jan Berry jeberry <@t> umich.edu
Fri Jan 21 08:41:39 CST 2011

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with immunohistochemistry using plastic sections.  I am currently working with 4um sections, and have tried doing staining with and without Dako antigen retrieval, but I am not getting very good results.  Tissues (mostly mouse bones, but some soft tissues also) were fixed in PFA, cold embedded, and sections were deplastified using 3X 20 minutes methoxyethyl acetate and 2X 5minutes acetone, followed by 5 minutes in running dI water before beginning.  I would appreciate any advice!
Jan Berry, University of Michigan