[IHCRG] RE: [Histonet] batching controls

ancillarypath <@t> mac.com ancillarypath <@t> mac.com
Tue Jan 11 11:57:15 CST 2011

I agree with Linda. One positive control per *batch*, not per case. The positive control tissue can be placed on one of the patient's specimens, which saves you money on the detection system and antibody as well.

We should be careful also about treating different drawers with different runs (such as the Bond, for example) as a separate batch, which requires its own set of controls.

Some antibodies that have internal controls on every patient tissue do not require external controls, such as vimentin, CD31, CD34, etc.

Predictive markers positive controls should always be the same controls, and can only be changed after verifying that the new control is okay to run and give you the desired signal.

Thanks,

Hadi Yaziji
Hadi Yaziji, M.D., Medical Director
Vitro Molecular Laboratories
7480 SW 40 St, Suite 700  Miami, FL 33155
Tel 305-267-7979  F. 786-513-0175
www.vitromolecular.com