[Histonet] Question from LIS vendor

William Shipley william <@t> schuylerhouse.com
Thu Feb 24 22:26:33 CST 2011

Hi, guys, I represent an LIS vendor in the clinical environment.  We have a
number of customers doing histology on our system, although it's primarily
clinical in design.  As we keep getting nudged in this direction, I've
signed on to sort of 'soak up' the background.  I've learned more about
stains than I knew was possible already!

One of our largest customers is in Malaysia and is doing a rather large
amount of histology reports in addition to chemistry and hematology.  During
an inspection, an issue came up that we are trying to learn about.  They
took exception to the ability to alter a histology report once it had been
'finaled'.  We've been told that it was unacceptable to even correct
spelling errors and that any subsequent reporting had to be a separate
report referring to the original.

Is that practice in the US?  I would have expected to have heard about it
before.  Can someone help me out?

William Shipley
Schuyler House