[Histonet] Polymer detection kit on rat tissue

Fischer, Dolores Dolores_Fischer <@t> baxter.com
Thu Feb 24 09:26:35 CST 2011

Amita,

I know there are others out there with much more immuno experience than myself, but I have been working up procedures on animal tissue for a few years now, so I can give you my opinion.  I have always had good results with Biocare products.  I would try their polymer kit. Vector impress is also a good option.  ABC versus polymer? Polymers are more expensive, but the protocols are shorter and easier. However I always seem to work up new protocols using the ABC method. More troubleshooting options if your procedure doesn't work or you need to optimize the protocol. I have also heard or read that not all antibodies are detected by polymers (comments from the more experienced immuno crowd?), so I start out with ABC and sometimes purchase a polymer kit later. Depends on your budget.

Dolores

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:12 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Polymer detection kit on rat tissue

Dear histonetters,

I am lost in data sheets of  IHC detection kits . Please help me  to
finalize one good detection kit for my purpose.

I am planning to do immunohistochemistry on paraffin embedded rat kidney
tissues for mouse monoclonal and rabbit polyclonal antibody (not  double
labelling).
I am looking on Dako envision, vector immpress, Novolink , the company
like Biocare/ Max bio vision suggest the Rat specific detection kit....Got
confused...

Also send me  your opinion on ABC detection versus polymer detection
system.

Thanks in advance for your view.

Amita