[Histonet] Artifact or dirt on slides using a tape cover slipper?

Setlak, Lisa LSetlak <@t> childrensmemorial.org
Fri Feb 4 14:22:50 CST 2011

We too have the same Coverslipper but we use the Sakura brand tape. We tried the KP tape but did not like it; it seemed to have problems sticking on the slides and we had a few other issues but I don't remember what they were. Could it be that there needs to be more xylene applied to slides- it may be air and dry tissue that you're seeing. Hope this helps.
Lisa M. Van Valkenberg, B.S., HT- ASCP

Histology Manager

2300 Children's Plaza

Chicago, IL 60614

773-868-8949

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Nancy
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 2:12 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Artifact or dirt on slides using a tape cover slipper?

At our facility with have 2 Tissue-Tek automated tape cover slippers.  The
brand of tape that we use is made by a company called Klinipath,  KP Tape
(dist. By Mercedes Medical).

On occasion we get complaints that the slides appear to have areas of dirt
or dust on them.  It appears to be on the inside.

  Has anyone else that uses a tape cover slipper ran across this particular
problem? If so, what did you do to troubleshoot?  If it is the tape, is
there another brand or type that is preferable?

Nancy Mitchell

Pathology Arts, Inc

Director of Sales and Marketing

951-270-0605