[Histonet] Xylene Recycler

Giroux, Stacy Stacy.Giroux <@t> stjohn.org
Fri Dec 2 13:17:24 CST 2011

Our lab currently has a CBG BioTech xylene recycler. We only recycle xylene on the instrument not alcohol. Today while collecting our alcohol waste (which is usually clear) our techs noticed that the entire solution is cloudy; after sitting it appears to have some type of white material suspended within the entire solution with no separation layers. The recycled xylene purity was checked and it was normal. I am wondering if anyone has ever noticed this on their machines and if so if you have any insight into what this could possibly be caused from.

About one month ago the computer and temperature probes were replaced on the instrument when after multiple attempts all xylene to be recycled was going into the alcohol waste container. Not sure if our new problem could be related to this previous issue.

Thank you for your help.
Stacy

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: