[Histonet] Re:peggy wenk comments on HT/HTL practical - To stick a Pin

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:39:59 CDT 2011

Matt, your first paragraph is exactly correct in my experience with directing a program. And yes, it did produce very unfortunate results in some cases. Almost to the point of negligence,   I came to feel in some situations on the part of the school ( test score focus, seemingly little concern if they were actually knowledgable, prepared or safe for themselves and patients) . My pleas for understanding,  actual and financial support, fell on "deaf ears"...against mounting budget and funding pressures I reasoned. But all the school focus seemed to be "outcomes"  which for them= test scores tied to state money, and NOT actual proficiency or prepartion to work competently in all areas of histology (as it meant for me).  It was really disheartening, and I also agree that what I saw were some definate "disconnects" as you have identified (Matt Lunetta's post).

Joelle Weaver MAOM, BA, (HTL) ASCP