[Histonet] filtering cytology stains

Brandi Higgins brandihiggins <@t> gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 11:49:59 CDT 2010

Hello All,

     I was wondering how you are filtering your cytology stains.  We are a
relatively small lab, so we have been gravity filtering our cytology stains,
but as we are getting busier with a larger volume of slides, especially
fna's this is becoming a very time consuming process.  I think vacuum
filtration would be almost as lengthy a process.
     It was suggested that we look into getting some 200ml syringes that can
come with an attached filter to suck in and pump out the fluid for faster
filtration...is anyone using such a process?  If so, do you have product
names/numbers for the filters or the syringes.  If anyone has another method
they are using I would like to hear any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for you input,
Brandi Higgins, BS, HT(ASCP)