[Histonet] Marking inks

Hayden, Rebecca RHayden <@t> olmmed.org
Fri Oct 1 10:57:29 CDT 2010

I use inks from 3 different companies just because I need the variety of colors offered from each one. Fisher, Cardinal and a company in California.  I have found that if I ink a specimen and dip the specimen in a solution of 10% acetic acid for a couple of seconds all ink shows up after processing wonderfully. I used to use straight acetone to dip in but found that you must leave the specimen for 10 seconds or longer for it to stay on after processing. One of these techniques might solve the problem. Good luck

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Richard Cartun
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 9:41 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Marking inks

What are labs using for "marking inks" for surgical pathology specimens?  I have been told that we are having problems with the product that we are currently using.  Thanks.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology Hartford Hospital 80 Seymour Street Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax