[Histonet] Storage of control slides for Chlamydia

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon May 31 08:46:42 CDT 2010

You have several options, CO2 not being one of them:
1- storage at -20ºC
2- cover the sections with melted paraffin and store them like that
3- immerse them in mineral oil, or
4- hold them in nitrogen.
René J.

--- On Sun, 5/30/10, Douglas Gregg <classicdoc <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

From: Douglas Gregg <classicdoc <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Storage of control slides for Chlamydia
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 7:29 PM

Histonetters,
Some of you surely cut control slides for Chlamydia trachomatis and
store them for use in future tests. Can you tell me how long you can
store them and under what conditions. I was thinking of cutting
paraffin sections and storing them at -20. I could gas the storage box
with CO2 to eliminate O2 but maybe that is not necessary. I would
deparaffinize them after taking them out of the freezer. Any
suggestions. Some antigens won't hold up to long term storage, but I
don't know about Chlamydia. Thanks for any help.

Douglas Gregg DVM PhD
Veterinary pathologist