[Histonet] Problems w/IHC's

McMahon, Loralee A Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu
Tue May 25 07:22:48 CDT 2010

We use Surfactant from Biocare at 1/100 dilution 30 minutes incubation, but we use a lower pH retrieval 6.0 for 20 minutes at 99C.
I haven't had any trouble with the Cyclin D from Dako, we use the Ready to Use version though.
Hope that helps.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Strong Memorial Hospital
Department of Surgical Pathology
(585) 275-7210
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Karla Arrington [freckles9660 <@t> yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 10:02 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Problems w/IHC's

Hello Histo's:

We are having troubles with getting our Cyclin D1 to stain for longer than one month. I seems to whimp out after a month, so we make up fresh.  Any ideas? We are using a Dako clone. Also we are currently working up Surfactant A with little luck.  Our lung control does not stain at all while our patient panel is weak. We are doing 1:00 dilution for 30 mts and 30 mts using high pH (9.9) for retrieval. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Karla Arrington
HT(ASCP)