[Histonet] weekend fixation

sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com
Thu May 20 15:08:17 CDT 2010

   From  what I have seen and heard you can have fixation times up to   hours and still be ok?

   Sarah Goebel, B.A., HT (ASCP)

   <
   Histo
   XBiotech USA Inc.

   8201 East Rivers
   Austin, Texas  78744
   (512)386-5107

   -------- Original Message --------
   Subject: [Histonet] weekend fixation
   From: "LINDA MARGRAF" <LINDA.MARGRAF <@t> childrens.com>
   Date: Thu, May 20, 2010 12:04 pm
   To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
   Histonetters:
   Here's a message I was asked to post......
   Dear Colleagues,
   I  have  the  following question concerning tissue processing. We do a
   lot  o   effect  of  NF   of  course  a  problem   asked  our  technicians  to  come   paraffin.  Unfortunately,  this is not p   why  I  need  your  advice.  What would you suggest   tissue  in  NF  until  Sunday evening and start processing,    keep  the  fixation  time (24 hours) and leave the tissue in alcohol    70% until Sunday evening and then start processing.
   Thanks for your advice.
   Kind regards,
   Wim.
   Prof. dr. Wim Van den Broeck, DVM, MSc, PhD
   Cell biology and Histology
   Department of Morphology - Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
   Ghent University
   Salisburylaan 133, B-9820 Merelbeke, BELGIUM
   This  e-mail,  facsimile,  or  letter  and  any  files  or attachments
   transmitted    information  that  is confidential and privileged. This information is
   intend   use  of  the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If
   you ar   recipient,   further   disclosures   are   prohibited  without  proper
   authorization.   the  intended  recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of
   this i   strictly  prohibited  and possibly a violation of federal or state law
   and re   have  received  this  information  in  error, please notify Children's
   Medical C   immediately  at  214-456-4444  or via e-mail at privacy <@t> childrens.com.
   Childre   Center   Dallas   and  its  affiliates  hereby  claim  all  applicable
   privileges rel   information.