[Histonet] Freezing spray artifact

James L Burchette burch007 <@t> mc.duke.edu
Wed May 19 16:04:46 CDT 2010

Erin -

Try this trick when using the freezing spray: take a folded kim wipe
tissue and fold it again, then again then the long fold is folded twice so
you end up with roughly a 1 inch by 1 inch multi layer slide wiper. Run
your finger down each crease and after the final fold, give it a little
pinch and twist so it holds its shape. You are probably wondering what
does this have to do with freezing spray artifact... Dip the square of Kim
Wipe in your water bath and press it on the cut surface of your tissue
block. It will act as an insulator when you spray the block surface. They
are also good for soaking the face of a block and are better than a wad of
tissue when wiping slides.

JB

"Martin, Erin" <Erin.Martin <@t> ucsf.edu>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
05/19/2010 12:41 PM

histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Freezing spray artifact

Has anyone run into a problem or artifact from freezing spray?  I think we
may be having a problem with it but I can't find any pictures or
descriptions of what it looks like.

Thanks in advance,
Erin

Erin Martin, Histology Supervisor