[Histonet] alternative for bunsen burner?

Debbie Dreesen ddreesen <@t> sbcglobal.net
Wed May 19 15:10:36 CDT 2010

Hi Brandi,
The electric three well forceps warmer that Jackie mentioned is really handy and you can find it at most medical supply companies. They sell the exact same unit but for widely different prices. It's in the Cardinal catalogue for $600 Cat. No. M7323, Mfr. No. FW-120.  Mercedes Medical sells it for $700 TRX FW120 and American MasterTech sells their's for $625 EQFW-120.

Debbie Dreesen, HT(ASCP)

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 11:30:11 -0400
From: Brandi Higgins <brandihiggins <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] alternative for bunsen burner?
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Hello all,

Our hospital is moving our histology department across the hall and have
asked us if we can find an alternative to the bunsen burner so they don't
have to install a gas line.  The pathologist has told me that there is some
machine that can be used instead of a flame to burn the forceps while
embedding (which is our main use for the bunsen flame).  This is the only
lab I have ever worked at and I don't know what such a machine would be
called.  If anyone knows the name, or any other alternative method can you
let me know.  Model numbers/companies would be a bonus too!  Thanks so much
for your help.

Brandi Higgins, BS, HT(ASCP)