[Histonet] Alcian Blue 2.5

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Wed Mar 24 08:58:44 CDT 2010

The pH of the stain may be too high, it should be 2.5-2.6 so check it
with a pH meter.
If the pH is fine you/your vendor may have a bad batch of dye since
under normal conditions the stain is difficult to wash out.
Make sure the dye is certified by the Biological Stain Commission. If
there is no certification tag the dye is not certified.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.