[Histonet] Excelsior Vs. VIP 6

Cynthia Pyse cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com
Thu Mar 11 14:43:42 CST 2010

Matt
We have both the VIP 6(new)and the Excelsior(older). The Excelsior is a
little less user friendly but is a workhorse if maintained properly. There
is less solution exposure since you do not have to fill the containers as
you do in the VIP6. Both machines produce excellent tissue blocks. The VIP6
has many safe guards so there is little chance for mistakes. With every step
in the VIP6 it asks for verification of the command. If you have any more
question I can answer feel free to contact me.

Cindy Pyse, CLT, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
X-Cell Laboratories
e-mail cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com
716-250-9235

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Matthew
Lunetta
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:51 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Excelsior Vs. VIP 6

Hello to the World Wide Histo's,

We are looking at getting a new processor and was wondering what everyones
feelings were on the Excelsior from Thermo vs the VIP 6 from Sakura. We have
a VIP5 right now and it is a delight. The demo of the Excelsior was very
impressive. Thanks for your thoughts.

Matt HT (ASCP)
Longmont United Hospital
Longmont, Colorado