[Histonet] Hamamatsu Nanozoomer

Kim Merriam kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 09:16:06 CST 2010

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you folks had experience with the Hamamatsu Nanozoomer slide scanner.  We recently learned about it and are considering getting one instead of an Aperio slide scanner.  We plan to use Visiomorph image analysis software, so all we really need is the scanner and not all of the fancy software that these companies sell to go with their instruments.

The other labs at my company have Aperio systems and the images from the Nanozoomer would need to compatible or made to be compatabile for this to be a viable option for us (for cross-site slide conferencing purposes).  We are interested in it because this instrument can be adapted for fluorescence (with Aperio, you need to purchase 2 separate instruments; one for light microscope and one for fluorescence).

Thanks,
Kim
 Kim Merriam, MA, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Cambridge, MA