[Histonet] Re: Mitochodrial IHC marker in FFPE skeletal muscle

Hobbs, Carl carl.hobbs <@t> kcl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 15 13:47:31 CST 2010

I have not yet found an anti mitochondrial Ab that works in mouse FFPE tissues, so I am very interested.
However, the protein that Chemicon's MAB1273 is directed against survives....it has worked very well for me in human FFPE sections after Citric acid HIER ( see here for images: http://www.immunoportal.com/index.php )
At light microscopic level, no mitochondrial architecture is visible: rather, a series of dots are seen.

STAT3 in mitochondria?

Good luck.
Sincerely,
carl