[Histonet] Used microtome

Pamela Marcum mucram11 <@t> comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 12:32:27 CST 2010

Hi,

I have seen several answer suggesting eBay.  Before you go there you need to know what kind of kinives you be using so you get teh correct knife blade holder.  Are you using disposable knives?  If so are they high or low profile? Are you planning on sharpening solid knives?  What kind of block holder do you need?  Are you embedding in cassettes or with forms?  All of these questions need to be answered before you buy or you could end up with something you can not use or is unusable in your hands.  If you know all these answers eBay could be a good way to go.  I would try to talk to some of the used equipment people and be sure you are going in the correct direction.

Pam Marcum

UAMS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Massimo" <max_histo_00 <@t> yahoo.it>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:14:54 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [Histonet] Used microtome

Hi all,

I am an amateur naturalist, and I'm looking for an used microtome, but working, even on old model, to be used for histological sections of samples included in paraffin.
Please can anyone give me useful directions where to find it?

Thank you all for you help,

Massimo Tosi

In ricordo di "Nice":

"E Argo, che aveva visto Odisseo dopo vent’anni,

fu preso dal Fato della nera morte."

Omero, Odissea, XVII, 290-327