[Histonet] Replacing an AutoTechnicon - reviews on modern carousel tissue embedding machines

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Feb 26 15:31:32 CST 2010

The Leica TP1020 is a good and reliable instrument.
René J.

--- On Fri, 2/26/10, Parsons, Catherine <cparsons <@t> vt.edu> wrote:

From: Parsons, Catherine <cparsons <@t> vt.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Replacing an AutoTechnicon - reviews on modern carousel tissue embedding machines
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Friday, February 26, 2010, 3:50 PM

I work in a small research lab, and we are shopping for a new tissue embedding machine.  Our current unit is a very old AutoTechnicon carousel style system.  Space is limited, and we do not have large numbers or constant flow of samples to embed, so we are happy to stay with the carousel style.  I would be very interested to hear some reviews of some of the modern models in terms of quality and reliability, as well as ease of use.  I have literature on the Leica TP1020 and Thermo Shandon Citadel.  Does anyone have others to suggest?

Thanks,

Cathy