[Histonet] [ SOLVED ][ Histonet ] Strange circles in IHC slides

Alexandra Meinl alexandra.meinl <@t> gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 09:36:30 CST 2010

Hello,

I'm glad that you already solved the problem your way.

I didn't read your first post, but we had exactly the same problem (and
we're also using cover plates). This artifact is very likely caused by tiny
air bubbles which are trapped under the cover plate. The crucial step is
when you drip a little buffer onto the plate in order to get your slide in
proper position. You get much lesser air bubbles if a) no detergent is used
and b) the PBS or TBS is at room temperature and not cold (which isn't good
anyway). We don't use detergents anymore (on coverplates).

Alexandra Meinl

Dr. Alexandra Meinl
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute
for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology
Austrian Cluster for Tissue Regeneration
Histology
Donaueschingenstrasse 13
1200 Vienna - Austria

Contact @ Bernhard Gottlieb University School of Dentistry,