[Histonet] Sirius Red

Histonet Alias histonetalias <@t> gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:32:02 CST 2010

Here is a procedure that I found in the archives.

http://www.histosearch.com/histonet/Jul01A/Siriusredcollagenprocedur.html

And here is another...

Sirius Red Stain

Picro-sirius red

Sirius Red F3B (CI 35780) Aldrich 36,554-8 synonym Direct Red
80			0.5gm
Saturated aqueous Picric
Acid							500ml
[add a small amount of solid picric acid to ensure saturation: 1.2~1.3%

(W/V)]

Expiration date minimum 3 years

Acidified Water
Acetic Acid (glacial)				5 ml
Water (DI or tap)				1 liter

Ø	Fix frozen sections 30 minutes in Neutral Buffered Formalin(For
paraffin sections deparaffinize and bring slides to water)

Ø	Wash sections in 3 changes of water
Ø	Drain sections well and place into Picro-Sirius solution 2 min
Ø	Wash sections in 2 changes of acidified water(5min)
Ø	Dehydrate in 3 changes of 100% ethanol (5min)
Ø	Clear in xylene and mount in permanent mounting media (5min).b

I found the powder here....
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/ProductDetail.do?N4=43665|FLUKA&N5=SEARCH_CONCAT_PNO|BRAND_KEY&F=SPEC<http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/ProductDetail.do?N4=43665%7CFLUKA&N5=SEARCH_CONCAT_PNO%7CBRAND_KEY&F=SPEC>

--
Al Ias HT(ASCP)
Histology Manager