[Histonet] Mohs FYI

Ingles Claire CIngles <@t> uwhealth.org
Tue Feb 9 19:16:04 CST 2010

Hey gang:
Here with some good news for once. I found out today that we WON our appeal to JCAHO over our tissue retaining time. They are giving Mohs labs an OK not to have to retain our tissue!! I guess it is 'processed' tissue instead of 'gross' tissue. Retaining it doesn't does not help patient care as it is not fixed and deteriorates (and there are already slides of it anyway.)
So all you fellow Mohs techs can start breathing (and getting rid of your tissue) again.
Claire