[Histonet] Tips for drying slides before H&E stain.

Scott Hendricksen lscott <@t> sfcn.org
Tue Feb 2 22:09:45 CST 2010

Hi,

Our lab just received a slide drying oven, and we are trying to figure out what's a good temperature for the slides to be heated and for how long. We are mainly doing H&E slides.

The way we are currently drying them is under a small fan, then heat them up, and back to the fan. Then finally heating them up and off to the stainer.

Just putting them in the slide drying oven for 10 min at 80C melts the paraffin, but leaves some water on the bottom of some sections.

Any suggestions to get the slides dry asap ?  Also is the oven much help to your labs?

Thanks !

Scott Hendricksen HT(ASCP)