[Histonet] Copper Stain

Cheryl Crowder ccrowder <@t> vetmed.lsu.edu
Tue Dec 7 22:05:03 CST 2010

Pamela - We stained copper with Uzman's method,  manually.  It uses rubeanic
acid (dithiooxamide) solution.   The original procedure takes 2 days, but we
were able to modify it to take less time.  I can send it to you personally
if you want to try it.  Copper shows as a fine black precipitate.   One of
the problems with the stain is the control.  Copper leeches out of the
tissue when left in formalin too long.  So control tissues should be
processed and embedded as soon as possible.

Cheryl