[Histonet] blade angle

Traczyk7 <@t> aol.com Traczyk7 <@t> aol.com
Thu Aug 12 21:22:25 CDT 2010

Dear Kim,
It is very likely that the markings on your knife block are reference
points, not actual degree markings.  If "0" has worked for you all along,  then
I would think that the vibrations are caused by something other than knife
angle.  If you are using disposable blades, there might be a variation in
how high the edge of the blade sits above the top of the holder.
If you are just starting out and have never really been happy with the
quality of your cut sections then changing the angle could help.  Since you
are already at zero, make a slight change and see if that helps.  Just
remember, when you change the knife angle you change the orientation of block
face to knife edge.  Be careful not to damage your block and/or  knife.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me off list.
Regards,
Dorothy

Dorothy Traczyk
MTA Histology LLC