[Histonet] fragmentation on core bone marrow biopsies

Vickroy, Jim Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com
Wed Aug 11 14:58:50 CDT 2010

We are looking at the cause of fragmentation on our bone marrow core biopsies.   We are reviewing fixative times and decalcification times.  Has anybody else experienced fragmentation problems?  If so how did you eliminate the problem?   What other variables do I need to look at that might be the cause?   Thanks for the suggestions in advance.   We do use an AZF fixative and a gentle decal solution called Rapid-cal.

James Vickroy BS, HT(ASCP)

Surgical  and Autopsy Pathology Technical Supervisor
Memorial Medical Center
217-788-4046

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.